Stutman Law’s client obtained an expert to investigate a fire before referring the claim to our office. The client’s expert reported that the fire originated at a 20-plus year-old machine. However, upon reviewing photographs of the fire scene, our team noted the presence of a votive candle in the area of origin. We thus placed the tenant in the unit of origin on notice of our client’s potential claim and arranged a joint inspection with the tenant’s insurance carrier. During the joint inspection, we discovered demonstrable evidence that the fire started at the candle, and not the machine. The evidence was so compelling that the tenant’s carrier agreed with our liability position and ultimately settled the case.